Our client, based in Peterborough, has a state-of-the-art, purpose build facility. They are seeking a talented Radiographer, with expeirence in Mammography to join their team.
The hospital has 635 inpatient beds and patients are cared for on modern wards with either single ensuite rooms or three to four-bedded ward areas, each with their own bathroom.
This affords their patients far greater privacy than before and meets the NHS same sex accommodation criteria.
The hospital has a Haematology/Oncology Unit, including a recently-expanded radiotherapy suite, an expanded Renal Unit, an Emergency Centre with a separate children’s emergency department, a dedicated Women’s and Children’s unit, a cardiac unit, a respiratory investigations facility and full diagnostic imaging facilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To produce a consistently high standard of mammography and client/patient care ensureing an effective service is maintained at all times
- To operate in all locations and be involved in all aspects of screening and symptomatic work
- work with Advanced Practitioner Mammographers to manage the sage and time effective operation of equiptment to maximise patient throughput and ensure efficient and safe delivery of imaging
- To assess, image and manage a specialist workload and ensure all relevant records are maintained
- To work closely with clinicians, physicists, imaging assistants, clerical staff and others providing specialist knowledge and expertise in breasy imaging within the Trust
- To provide specialist training and act as a mentor to mammography students of all grades
- To participate in MDT meetings and discussions, liaising with clinicians within the Trust and externally regarding the patients clinical mangement
- To participate in the implementation of new techniques and equipment
- The unit has undertaken radiographer role extension and a suitable applicant may have the opportunity to undertake advanced practice training!